Sign up now for the Spark AR Creator Day Toronto and start learning how to create and share augmented reality effects on Facebook and Instagram. Join an interactive, two-hour virtual workshop, where an expert creator will walk you through how to publish an immersive Spark AR effect and answer your questions. You'll have the opportunity to ideate, create and showcase your own effects on the Instagram platform.
Spark AR Creator Days are short, virtual workshops, led by AR experts designed to inspire and teach creative professionals and AR enthusiasts how to design, build and publish AR effects using Facebook’s Spark AR platform.
As a participant, you’ll have access to individual and small group coaching, plus helpful resources to help move your own AR ideas from concept to completion. Space is limited, sign up today!
Spark AR Workshop: Color Grading with Shaders in Spark AR
The FastColorLUT guy, Josh Beckwith will teach you how to make color grading effects without LUTs. You'll learn how to create shader patches for common image adjustments like contrast, fade, gradient mapping, and more!
Here is a demo project for a patch that will be used in the course. All attendees can use it as a starting point for the workshop.
Join the Spark AR Creator Days Facebook Group to share your new Instagram effects created during the workshop and get more feedback!
- Event kick-off and intros (15 min)
- Guest Speaker AR Journey (15 min)
- Spark AR Demo & Tutorial (30 min)
- Design Jam Kick-off and Creator Pods in Breakout Rooms (40 min)
- Publish Spark AR Effects and Showcase Your New Instagram Effect (20 min)
About Spark AR
Spark AR is the largest platform for mobile augmented reality. Over 400,000 creators from 190 countries use Facebook’s AR creation software, Spark AR Studio, to ideate, design and build AR experiences. And Spark AR Hub, to publish and track the performance of AR effects across the Facebook Family of Apps and devices.
Event Partner: PopulAR
PopulAR is a company working towards the goal of popularizing augmented reality!
Our practice can be sorted into two distinct disciplines, the Studio art, which houses our boutique custom branded collaborations and is our research playground, and the Planets cult, a spatial computing organization based in a far away galaxy. The planets team has explored 4 Planets so far, and currently two are open for human colonization.
- Sugar is the asset planet – a one stop shop for XR assets. Jumpstart your projects with our vast suite of resources.
- Lab is the research planet. A meeting ground for all the curious minds out there. This collaborative forum allows people to seek knowledge without distraction and help others!
- Uni is the learning planet. A place for people to teach and build an audience of people excited to learn from their tutorials! Rumors has it that you can hear the student crowd cheering through an intergalactic anomaly every 365 years.
While we love and dabble in everything spatial and extended, our original specialty lies in Social AR (think Instagram filters). Social AR is inherently sharable, reaching tons of people easily, allows for quick prototyping, and helps us express ourselves artistically. Plus it’s generated an amazing community that we are working hard to contribute to!
Event Host: Facebook Developer Circles Toronto
Developer Circles are communities of innovators, where experienced developers receive free opportunities to strengthen their expertise in Facebook products. Take part in online discussions and attend local meet-ups by joining one of hundreds of circles around the globe.
To join the Facebook Developer Circles Toronto community, you can request an invite here.