Sign up now for the global Spark AR Creator Day Workshop and get inspired to design, build and publish augmented reality effects on Facebook and Instagram! Join an interactive, two-hour virtual workshop, where an expert creator will walk you through how to publish an immersive Spark AR effect and answer your questions. You'll have the opportunity to ideate, create and showcase your own effects on the Instagram platform.
Spark AR Creator Days are short, virtual workshops, led by AR experts designed to inspire and challenge creative professionals and AR enthusiasts how to design, build and publish AR effects using Facebook’s Spark AR platform.
As a participant, you’ll have access to individual and small group coaching, plus helpful resources to help move your own AR ideas from concept to completion. Space is limited, sign up today!
The Spark AR Workshop: Using the Real-World Scale Feature for your 3D Objects
Sign up to join Florian Sabatier, Director and AR/VR Designer @ Holowisp who will show you how to build AR effects using the new Spark real-world scale feature to record creative immersive videos. During the design jam portion of the event, you will be able to build your own AR scene!
What to expect during the workshop:
- We will learn how to set up a real-world scale project from scratch using patches.
- Go over useful workflows to create content at an accurate scale.
- Incorporate 3D or 2D elements to create an AR scene.
- Discover advanced segmentation uses to include users realistically in the AR world.
For beginners, before the workshop start, Florian would like recommend to take a look at the Spark AR documentation article on 3D objects manipulation:
To make your effect unique, you can start to browse Sketchfab now and download a collection of 3D assets you personally like!
- Models under 50k triangles
If you are more comfortable with 2D, PNG with transparent background work too!
Video demo: To be uploaded soon
Please download the Project Assets Pack for the workshop before joining the virtual event: Link updated!.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: to fully participate in this workshop, here are the tools you'll need besides a Facebook account.
- Your FB account is used to sign in to Spark AR Studio, and to publish your effects.
- Spark AR Studio by Facebook - this is the software used to create effects for Facebook and Instagram
- Spark AR Hub - this is where you will upload your effect, view insights and track activity
- Spark AR Player for Android and iOS - used to preview your effects in real-time through your phone
- A Sketchfab account: https://sketchfab.com
- Workshop content including a follow along Spark project and 3D assets:
- A bit of free space around your workstation to test your new World AR Effect!
Please join the Spark AR Creator Days Facebook Group to share your new Instagram effects created during the workshop and get more feedback!
- Event kick-off and intros (15 min)
- Guest Speaker AR Journey (15 min)
- Spark AR Demo & Tutorial (30 min)
- Design Jam Kick-off and Creator Pods in Breakout Rooms (40 min)
- Publish Spark AR Effects and Showcase Your New Instagram Effect (20 min)
About Spark AR
Spark AR is the largest platform for mobile augmented reality. Over 400,000 creators from 190 countries use Facebook’s AR creation software, Spark AR Studio, to ideate, design and build AR experiences. And Spark AR Hub, to publish and track the performance of AR effects across the Facebook Family of Apps and devices.
Event Partners: Holowisp
Holowisp is a creative XR agency focusing on interactive marketing, digital art and immersive social projects. The Holowisp team creates native AR experiences, leveraging all the AR platform benefits to best serve innovative brands. The agency strives to always push the limits of the AR medium for awe inspiring experiences.