Sign up now for the global Spark AR Creator Day Workshop and get inspired to design, build and publish augmented reality effects on Facebook and Instagram! Join an interactive, two-hour virtual workshop, where an expert creator will walk you through how to publish an immersive Spark AR effect and answer your questions. You'll have the opportunity to ideate, create and showcase your own effects on the Instagram platform.
Spark AR Creator Days are short, virtual workshops, led by AR experts designed to inspire and challenge creative professionals and AR enthusiasts how to design, build and publish AR effects using Facebook’s Spark AR platform.
As a participant, you’ll have access to individual and small group coaching, plus helpful resources to help move your own AR ideas from concept to completion. Space is limited, sign up today!
The Spark AR Workshop: Animating Expressive 3D Faces
Sign up now to learn from Santiago Anglés, Creative Technologist at The Electric Factory, official Spark AR Network Partner Agency and an award winning global innovation company that won Silver and Bronze at Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity in 2021. Join Santiago in an interactive AR class in which you will learn all the ins and outs of animating expressive faces in Spark AR! You will animate a 3D face using gestures and BlendShapes, use patches and code to increase the range of gesture detection, amplifying subtle interactions, and also work with reactive animations and additional details to enhance the expressiveness of the users!
Santiago will show many examples of how you can use this technique for different types of effects to create fantastic AR experiences and remix your own spectacular ideas!
Please download the Project Assets Pack for the workshop before joining the virtual event: http://workshops.sangles.com/scdfaces or clone the GitHub Repo.
- Facebook Account for Spark AR Login
- Spark AR Studio 118+ - The software used to create effects for Facebook and Instagram
- Spark AR Hub – This is where you will upload and publish your effect, view insights and track activity
- Spark AR Player for Android and iOS - used to preview your effects in real-time through your phone
Optional, for the artists or curious ones:
- You will need Blender 2.92+ to be able to create your own models or modify the provided ones.
- It's completely optional, but you should have a code editing software if you like to modify the scripts
Please join the Spark AR Creator Days Facebook Group to share your new Instagram effects created during the workshop and get more feedback!
- Event kick-off and intros (15 min)
- Guest Speaker AR Journey (15 min)
- Spark AR Demo & Tutorial (30 min)
- Design Jam Kick-off and Creator Pods in Breakout Rooms (40 min)
- Publish Spark AR Effects and Showcase Your New Instagram Effect (20 min)
About Spark AR
Spark AR is the largest platform for mobile augmented reality. Over 400,000 creators from 190 countries use Facebook’s AR creation software, Spark AR Studio, to ideate, design and build AR experiences. And Spark AR Hub, to publish and track the performance of AR effects across the Facebook Family of Apps and devices.
Event Partner: The Electric Factory
We are a creative innovation company specialized in offering disruptive solutions to different industry challenges.
With almost 20 years history in web development we thrive in generating user experiences that delight with cutting edge design.We believe in shaping the future by means of electric ideas, conceived in a deep understanding of human behavior and carefully crafted by creativity, strategic thinking and technology.
We do: AR & VR, CGI, digital production, UX/UI consulting, IoT & physical activations, data visualization.