Sign up now for this globally accessible workshop – get inspired and learn how to unlock new features for your next AR effect using scripting. Beth Wickerson will show you how to come up with an AR game, which will help you use scripting and add an interactivity element, when creating your submission for the Lenslist & Meta Showcase Your Culture Hackathon, which is already open and ends on November 28.
Apart from the tutorial, Beth will also answer your questions and advise you on how to ideate, create and showcase your own submission for the hackathon. Hope to see you there!
Sign up for the workshop today and take part in our Showcase Your Culture Hackathon!
When: November 15, 2022 at 2 PM GMT
Check the time for this workshop in your location here
Where: Once you sign up, you’ll get a Zoom link for this event via email.
What You’ll Learn:
- Creating an infinite loop on a 3D landscape with patches,
- Using 3D Collision detection in the patch editor,
- Adding the Persistence module with scripting for saving the high score,
- Manipulating the HUD block to display the high score,
- Adding sound effects and haptic feedback for user experience.
As a participant, you’ll have access to individual and small group coaching, plus helpful resources to help move your own AR ideas from concept to completion. Space is limited, sign up today!
We’ll provide you with a link to download the project file during the live event!
What You’ll Need
- Your FB account is used to sign in to Meta Spark Studio, and to publish your effects;
- Meta Spark Studio - this is the software used to create effects for Facebook and Instagram;
- Spark AR Hub - this is where you will upload your effect, view insights and track activity;
- Spark AR Player for Android and iOS - used to preview your effects in real-time through your phone;
- If you haven’t tried using scripting yet, check out Meta Spark tutorials to learn how to enable these features ahead of time.
Please join the Lenslist for Creators Facebook Group to share your new Instagram effects created during the workshop and get more feedback!
- Event kick-off and intros (15 min)
- Beth Wickerson AR Journey (15 min)
- Meta Spark Demo & Tutorial (30-60 min)
- Design Jam Kick-off and Creator Pods in Breakout Rooms (~30 min)
- Publish and Showcase Your New Instagram Effect (~20 min)
About Beth Wickerson
Check Her Instagram Effects: @bethwickerson
Beth is the Associate Innovation Director at Signal Theory marketing and design firm in Kansas City, and co-founder of Wickerson Studios, a creative partnership and artist residency.
Her career began in art school while co-directing a gallery for installation art experiences. A self-taught coder, Beth began creating websites for gallery artists, which turned into the focus of a lifelong career in programming for the web. That early vision for immersive art is what drives her augmented reality experiences today.
Working at Signal Theory, Beth has had the opportunity to create AR effects for brands like SONIC Drive-in and John Deere and collaborate on effects for National Geographic. As an activist, Beth has a passion for working on worthy causes that led her to create countless AR effects for get-out-the-vote campaigns, anti-war and covid vaccine outreach with digital organizers Babes Helpin' Babes, Bigtent Creative, Impact, ProgressPop, RISE, and Parents Together. Recently commissioned by Meta to create an effect for the Coachella Reels Booth, Beth is a Meta Certified Spark AR Creator.
About Meta Spark
Meta Spark is the largest platform for mobile augmented reality. Over 600,000 creators from 190 countries use Meta's AR creation software to ideate, design and build AR experiences. And Spark AR Hub, to publish and track the performance of AR effects across the Meta Family of Apps and devices.
Lenslist is a platform made for AR Creators and others interested in AR focused on community building, inspiration, curation and creating opportunities for Creators to get spotlighted and monetize their work. Lenslist’s mission is to support AR Creators on their journey and deliver innovative projects for and with the AR Community.