Sign up now for this intermediate global Playtime Workshop and get inspired to design, build and publish augmented reality group effects on Facebook and Instagram! Join an interactive, virtual workshop, where an expert creator will walk you through how to publish an immersive Spark AR effect and answer your questions. You'll have the opportunity to ideate, create and showcase your own effects on Messenger or Instagram video calls.
AR/3D designers and creators of all levels are welcome to join!
What You’ll Learn
- How to send messages or signals to others who are on the call
- Sending multiple streams of message channels to send different messages
- Scripting with the Multipeer API and State API in patch and code method
- Recording a group effect
Download Project Asset
Download Project File provided by Kavin to help facilitate your workshop
What You’ll Need
To fully participate in this workshop, here are the tools you'll need:
- Your FB account is used to sign in to Spark AR Studio, and to publish your effects.
- Spark AR Studio by Meta - this is the software used to create effects for Facebook and Instagram
- Spark AR Hub - this is where you will upload your effect, view insights and track activity
- Spark AR Player for Android and iOS - used to preview your effects in real-time through your phone
- A Sketchfab account
Please join the Spark AR Creator Days Facebook Group to share your new Instagram effects created during the workshop and get more feedback!
About Spark AR
Spark AR is the largest platform for mobile augmented reality. Over 600,000 creators from 190 countries use Meta's AR creation software, Spark AR Studio, to ideate, design and build AR experiences. And Spark AR Hub, to publish and track the performance of AR effects across the Meta Family of Apps and devices.