Sign up now for this globally accessible Creators Day Workshop – get inspired and learn how to design and publish a next-level World AR Effect in Spark AR. Kym Fiala will show you how to come up with an Effect that you’ll be then able to submit for our Spark AR Hackathon starting on May 16th!
Join an interactive, virtual workshop, where our expert Creator Kym Fiala will walk you through the process of developing an AR Effect including plane tracking and an animated 3D object, so you can augment your surroundings with one of Kym’s 3D creatures! He’ll also answer your questions and advise you on how to ideate, create and showcase your own submission for the Spark AR Hackathon. Hope to see you there!
Sign up for the workshop today and take part in our hackathon starting May 16th!
When?: May 10th, 2022 at 12:30 PM GMT
Check the time for this workshop in your location here
Where?: Once you sign up, you’ll get a Zoom link for this event via email.
Level: Beginner / Intermediate
What You’ll Learn:
- How to deliver a high quality World AR Effect starting from a basic template
- Placing a 3D object using plane tracking
- Animating your 3D model
- Enabling moving and resizing a 3D object in the user's surroundings.
As a participant, you’ll have access to individual and small group coaching, plus helpful resources to help move your own AR ideas from concept to completion. Space is limited, sign up today!
Download Project Files & Workshop Instructions here
What You’ll Need
- Your FB account is used to sign in to Spark AR Studio, and to publish your effects;
- Spark AR Studio by Meta - this is the software used to create effects for Facebook and Instagram;
- Spark AR Hub - this is where you will upload your effect, view insights and track activity;
- Spark AR Player for Android and iOS - used to preview your effects in real-time through your phone;
- Kym will provide you with a 3D model, but if you prefer to use your own, have it ready!
Please join the Spark AR Creator Days Facebook Group to share your new Instagram effects created during the workshop and get more feedback!
- Event kick-off and intros (15 min)
- Kym Fiala’s AR Journey (15 min)
- Spark AR Demo & Tutorial (30-60 min)
- Design Jam Kick-off and Creator Pods in Breakout Rooms (~30 min)
- Publish Spark AR Effects and Showcase Your New Instagram Effect (~20 min)
About Spark AR
Spark AR is the largest platform for mobile augmented reality. Over 600,000 creators from 190 countries use Meta's AR creation software, Spark AR Studio, to ideate, design and build AR experiences. And Spark AR Hub, to publish and track the performance of AR effects across the Meta Family of Apps and devices.
Lenslist is a platform made for AR Creators and others interested in AR focused on community building, inspiration, curation and creating opportunities for Creators to get spotlighted and monetize their work. Lenslist’s mission is to support AR Creators on their journey and deliver innovative projects for and with the AR Community.